Saturday, December 29, 2007

Awkwardness

I went through many awkwardness in the past few months and last night too.


I'm sure you all know about the latest craze of facebook. I've joined facebook and added a few applications into my profile. Facebookers are able to join groups created by others. I've joined FMADBF (Find Me A Date By Friday). That is a group where gathering is done and attended by random people. I did attended twice out of 10 (I think) meet ups. People are pretty friendly. I got to know a person (A) before attending the meet up. A fetched me there. While chatting with A through MSN, it was pretty fun and conversation was smooth. BUT when I got to see A for the first time, MAN it was DAMN awkward! I was the one making the conversation and trying to keep it going and then till a point I gave up. I just sat in the car and listened to the music. This happened 2 months back. The 2nd meet up for FMADBF, A fetched me again. A was being nice. BUT still the awkwardness is super obvious.

I guess meeting people online and chatting with them through a phone is way easier. We won't be facing the awkwardness and the silence. Maybe it's because we don't need to face the other person's expression and we don't need to worry about our own expression and fear of making a fool out of ourselves. When chatting online, we can take a longer time to think of better words to converse and pretend to have fun chatting with them or just simply say that we have things to do and end a conversation with the person when it's getting boring.


Yesterday, before meeting up with B for a chat. We had conversations through MSN and on the phone. Conversation with B through MSN was interesting and quite smooth. BUT...there is always a BIG BUT..when I met B, the BLOODY awkwardness came flooding back. I think both parties was feeling awkward. We went to Attic in Bangsar. The whole evening totally suck!!!!


In the Attic, B actually left me alone (I think B was feeling bloody awkward) to go out for a smoke. BLOODY HELL! I felt like a stupid person sitting there and sipping my beer. Then, B came back, we went and sat with a bunch of random people (which were there to watch their friend performed live..a band name Troubled Cleef). Most of the time it was damn awkward. Tried to chat up with the random people. Most of them is around my age and still studying or just graduated. Then, B went off again to mingle around with others in Attic. Yeah the band was playing jazz. ME not into jazz. Another downside for me. I was more into loud music yesterday night. I was practically screaming silently in my brain. After yesterday night incident, I was making a mental note, not to go out with A and B and anyone I know from internet. I so don't want to get into another horrible awkwardness.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

uhh, me into jazz =D :lol:
Ok seriously. A great conversationist (if this word i coined is correct) is a person that can make any conversation---out of anything!

Like my father, pull anything from your thought and he can converse smoothly and nicely.

And me? I am much like my father, but with additional thing---bursts of laughter!

For a gentleman (org laki yg suka cover-cover, ehem!) too much laugh is so uncool.

I can't help it, I just love to laugh =D

Lisa said...

mr ah fa:
I think laughing is nothing to be incool about. I think thats a plus point for me to find in a guy. At least i know that the guy have a good sense of humour. ^_^