Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Didi is in dilemma

What is with the name didi?

My younger sis and bro call me by the name Didi. At this moment, Didi is in dilemma.

Why is Didi in dilemma? It's all because of my job. Again...back to the topic about my job. Boring right? Can't help it. I'm sure not everyone is able to get their dream job and dread about their current job.

I'm in this job for only 3 weeks. I still haven't grow to like it yet. The first two weeks were a bit stressful. I had to read up about my current job products and had to take exams for it. I never felt so stress taking exam till last two weeks. I still have a few more exams to get through. I thought I was done with exams..but no. NO!NO! >_<

The stressful part was that I had to pass on my first attempt with 80%. DAMN STRESS MAN! I did go for training and my trainer told me that I was allowed to have open book exam..but unfortunately my deputy manager (DM) told me that I was not allowed to do that!! Damn! I had to scrap through the bloody exam. DM said that at this current place I'm working, the working environment is very different from the other place..that was her excuse. SIGH! Was suppose to have an exam tomorrow but lucky it was postponed to next monday.

At my new job, I feel very lonely. Always facing the pc or my DM or other colleagues. But most of the time it is the PC. Going to be short sighted soon. I'm the youngest among my team member and most of the time, they converse in Cantonese. I don't speak that dialect but could understand it. So most of the time during lunch hour, I'm always very quiet if I joined them. Feel so left out.

Yesterday, I was supposed to have lunch alone because my DMs had lunch appointment. My DM asked if I'm alright with that. Why would I not be alright? Then, DM changed her mind and asked me to come along. At first I thought she was going out with her bf but no..it was with 2 other guys from another department in the same building. I've met one of the guys. Somehow, I was pretty quiet during lunch eventhough they were conversing in English but I somehow felt very left out. They were talking about their job current situation. My DM knew whats the whole story about and she was talking along. The older guy..the one I knew, he was being very polite, always trying to change topic so that I don't feel left out but still it didn't really worked.


Is it normal to feel down and feeling like this? It's only my 3rd week in this job. What should I do? Give it 3 months? I don't feel happy or dreadful to go to work. Just that I never had the looking forwardness to go to job. It is just another routine for me. It is something like I have to do.

No comments: