Thursday, July 23, 2009

How?

How? Many times a person would ask a question starting 'how'. The word sometimes irritate me a lot. How are you? How is life? How is everyone? But I frequently ask the how question whenever I see someone.

Do you realise when we answer the how question. The answer somehow is the same everytime or we never give the true statement to it.

Eg: How are you? I'm fine/good/great. --> But the truth is, it's not really good or great at all. Fine/great/good is like we had summaries the whole day and deleting the bad stuffs and it looks fine. So we said: I'm fine. Maybe it's just me.

Or maybe I don't want to say all the stuffs in mind (bad or good) to a person we hardly meet or anyone we meet/talk through any form of communication. The person might think I'm a freak or a total mess.

The how question is usually asked for the sake of asking or for courtesy. It's also the best way to start any form of communication. Right?

Usually we get the how from a hie-bye person or a person we seldom meet but had a good history back during the younger times. The answer for this how for me is never entirely true. I'll just scope the surface of my life and say the typical answer: I'm fine/Busy with work. Selfish person I am.

So please try to ask less how. And don't ask other people's life how are they when in fact I seldom talk about them. Too many hows make me sick. Hmmm...maybe I should start doing that myself.

No comments: